It's About Time! The Journyx Blog

Register Your Business in the CCR: A Government Contracting First Step

Posted by Christa Freeland on 1/13/12 3:21 PM

Register Your Business in the CCR: A Government Contracting First StepIn my last post, I described the necessity of a D-U-N-S number in government contracting.  After you acquire a D-U-N-S number, you’re ready to register in the Central Contractor’s Registry (CCR).  Registering your business in the CCR not only makes your company visible to the government, but it’s also a requirement according to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).  So what do you need besides a D-U-N-S number to register?  You need:

  • CAGE Code
  • Company and Corporate information
  • Federal Tax Identification Number
  • SBA-defined socioeconomic characteristics
  • NAICS code
  • Product Service code
  • Federal Supply Classification code
  • Financial information
  • Point of Contact (POC) information
  • Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) information

Registering in the CCR is an essential first step into government contracting.  

Have you already registered for the CCR?  We’d love to hear your experience!

Topics: Insider

leftblueAbout the Journyx Blog

Our passion for time and expense tracking, project accounting, helping companies know their costs and improve profitability, and motivating people all over the world to invest their time wisely knows no bounds. Join us on our journey as we sift through these fascinating topics and more.

Subscribe to Email Updates